Are you wondering where would be a great place for you to road trip to in a campervan hire New Zealand? Easy. Auckland. Auckland is one of the most visited destinations in New Zealand and has a lot to offer in both culture, as well as beauty and nature.
If you’re looking for a city that you can choose as your home base as you travel in a campervan hire New Zealand, Auckland is ideal. Conveniently located, it’s easy for you to get to and see other nearby attractions. It’s a fun place to be and you’ll have plenty to see and do while in the area.
You’ll discover that it’s truly worth setting aside some days to experience while in New Zealand. There is something for every type of taste and preference. You may not be much of a nature lover, but you’ll discover that the city has plenty to keep you captivated. You may prefer nature over city-slicking. You’ll find that there is no shortage of variety in Auckland.
If you’re still on the fence, consider the following places to see and things to do while in Auckland:
- Take a ferry to Waiheke Island for wine tasting and beautiful views. Honestly, this is the perfect plan for the romantic couple who wants to lay back and enjoy their trip to Auckland. There are some great places for staying as you leave your motorhome back over in Auckland. One, you want to enjoy all the wine tastings possible without having to worry about driving and two, well, you’ll need to get there by boat, so it just makes sense. Spend a night or two admiring the ocean views and enjoying gourmet dishes and excellent Waiheke Island wines. Single or coupled, it’s the perfect relaxing experience while traveling around.
- Go bungee jumping from the Sky Tower. If you’re looking for adventure, you don’t have to leave Auckland for it. Go bungee jumping from the Sky Tower. Amazing is one word that you could try to use to describe it, but it leaves most jumpers speechless. If you’re not really into jumping off high things, you can always observe from the safety of the observation deck. If you love bungee jumping, you can trust that this will be one of your best experiences yet—at least, that’s what many bungee jumpers have stated before. Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think of jumping off of a tower in the middle of a city.
- Visit the Rangitoto Island and go hiking. A volcanic island which is a favorite for hikers from around the world, you can be sure it will be the perfect nature experience for you during your time in Auckland. With gorgeous views of the ocean and other landscapes, it’s so beautiful, you’ll want to make sure to bring your camera—as well as your hiking boots, food, and everything you need for a safe yet rewarding experience.
- Visit museums and art galleries. There are plenty of museums and art galleries to visit in the city, so if you’re more of a culture buff than anything else, you’ll have enough to keep you busy. A favorite art gallery is the Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki, home to both historic and modern art pieces.
- Explore the Goat Island Marine Reserve. A fun place to visit with snorkeling gear and a mask, Goat Island Marine Reserve is definitely worth visiting. As you can imagine, there are plenty of ocean creatures to be seen in the waters of Goat Island Marine Reserve, so if you’re more of an ocean lover than land explorer, this may be the perfect destination for you.
- Have a picnic at Mt. Eden. Mount Eden is a crater covered in grass which will provide you with a view of the city. Located in the city, it’s an idyllic spot for visiting for a picnic with views, whether you’re traveling on your own, with friends, or with family. Where else will you be able to enjoy a picnic in a crater? It’s definitely worth doing if you’re sticking to the city during your visit.
As you can see, there is plenty to be done in Auckland. Whether you love the ocean or prefer drinking wine as you try new foods, there is something for every type of traveler. You can include all of these abovementioned activities during your trip to keep you busy. Or, you can pick and choose the ones that you think that you’ll enjoy.
The great thing is that you won’t have to go far to enjoy other places in New Zealand. Once you’re done with Auckland, get in your campervan hire New Zealand and set out to discover all that the country has to offer. You won’t be disappointed. It’s beautiful, it’s fun, and it is anything but boring.