Film has always been a way to inspire trends and lifestyles and when it comes to road tripping in a motorhome rental or car, there are plenty of movies to choose from. Whether you are preparing for a road trip across the country or simply want to watch movies about it, following are the 5 best movies about road tripping and how leaving comfort for adventure always has incredible eye-opening results.
You Have to Watch These
- Little Miss Sunshine: A movie that is full of great actors and also a great storyline, Little Miss Sunshine is the kind of road trip movie that will have you laughing, crying, and finally smiling as you sit through all the crazy things that happen on this bizarre family’s road trip while trying to get little miss Olive to a beauty pageant. If you are planning a road trip of your own with your family, why not sit down together to see how crazy yet rewarding it could be?
- The Motorcycle Diaries: If you are a fan of motorcycles and maybe Che Guevara, you will appreciate this film based on the early beginnings of Ernesto Guevara as he traveled by motorcycle with a friend and encountered the despairing differences of class and poverty starting him on a path towards revolution. It’s an entertaining, thought-provoking, and inspiring film.
- Into the Wild: While the ending is not something that we wish for you, this film will get you thinking as it follows the life of a young man who is sick of privilege and realizes that there has to be something more to life. Less of a road trip film and more of a wilderness experience, it is still a film that will entertain, get you thinking, and hopefully get you out on the road (but not stuck in the wild.)
- Rain Man: If you want inspiring, heartwarming, and a classic, Rain Man is the movie for you. Centered around the lives of two brothers, one an autistic genius and the other a self-centered prick, the movie follows the humorous yet heart-touching process of the two brothers accepting each other—a feat that seemed impossible from the beginning.
- Thelma and Louise: We hope you don’t follow in their footsteps and set out on a road trip because you’ve done something bad, but this movie will definitely entertain you and get you thinking about the open road. It was a movie that was taken lightly at its time, but in reality, was a revolutionary idea when it came to women. Their lives take a drastic turn when they protect themselves from and end up on the run in a thunderbird with the police behind them. A fascinating film that will have you laughing, crying, and admiring strong women.
While all these movies may have different storylines, every one of these films will get you thinking about the freedom and satisfaction that comes from being out on the open road. Get packing and get going because adventure awaits!